Saturday, June 01, 2013

Ireland Vacation

I just returned from a two week, Ireland, Scotland and England vacation with Enrichment Journeys. The trip began with three days in Dublin. It is a beautiful city with much to offer. I mostly toured the city, walking, and on the hop on hop off bus. There were pubs, castles, museums and shopping.
After Dublin, I boarded a small cruise ship, the Sea Explorer for a week of travel, sightseeing, and meeting wonderful people. The ship is newly refurbished, and carries about 115 passengers. The accommodations were fantastic, and so was the food and ship's crew. Our itinerary include: Waterford, famous for its crystal, Liverpool, famous for the Beatles, the Isle of Mann, and the Isle of Mull, with quaint cities and beautiful country sides.
After cruising, I ended up in Edinburgh, Scotland. It is a wonderful tourist destination with fantastic museums and gardens. There were tonnes of visitors from all over the world in both Dublin and Scotland.
My trip was planned and directed by Christy Fabiano (christy@onlinevacationcenter.com). Christy and I met at the Miami City Ballet about a month ago. She was the cruise director on board the Sea Explorer, and was excellent at that task.
I know I've been lazy about updating my blog. Everything else for Ronni, Sneakers, Sadie and I has been about the same. Sneakers celebrated his 8th birthday yesterday. Getting away was fun, but getting home was great.