Tuesday, March 20, 2012

An Interesting Story

click to enlarge

This evening I received an e-mail from a lady named Sally Prescott. She wrote to let me know that she purchased one of my photos at a GoodWill store. It was inscribed to a girl name Maria for her birthday, on September 7, 2008, and signed by me.

Sally Prescott is a poet, who lives in Plantation. She sent me one of her beautiful poems. A few paragraphs are included below


Plantation's Lovely Liberty Tree Park

A walk in the park, just before dark,
is something we love to do,
so tranquil, divine at twilight time:
I'm wondering if any of you
have ever enjoyed this wonderful place,
this magical, beautiful park with a trace,

of old New York or Paris, there,
with glowing lamps that seem
like the ones ~ Lamplighters lit
at dusk and oh, the green
grass, so lush against old brick
pathways, winding, all through it.

There is a sense of peace therein,
as worries walk away,,
and there are spots, where parents go
to watch their children play.
People greet each other with
a warm 'hello' that gives a lift

to neighbors, strangers, walking there,
this place we dearly love..
Plantation should be proud, indeed,
that what we, once, dreamed of
has, now, become reality,
a larger, lovelier Liberty Tree,


You're probably wondering who Maria is. She was one of my dental assistants when I was practicing orthodontics. This is the first of my photos ever sold. Interestingly, I was looking for a painting by an artist I know on Google, and it was listed for sale at a GoodWill Store. "One man's trash is another man's treasure.