Monday, December 05, 2011

Twain and Shaw Do Lunch




As most of my friends know, taking pictures at the NEW Theatre has been one of my photography favorite things. Last weekend I shot pictures of the play, Twain and Shaw Do Lunch, at the Roxy Theatre which is located across from Florida International University (FIU) on SW 107th Avenue and 16th Street. After more than 10 years at their Coral Gables location the NEW Theatre was forced to move. They are using space at the Roxy for the remainder of this season. What will become, I do not know. If you'd like to see a very entertaining historical comedy, make the trip down to South Miami. Bill Schwartz plays Mark Twain and Stephen Neal the English playwright George Bernard Shaw. Pilar Uribe rounds out this wonderful cast as Shaw's wife.
Next Sunday, I'll be photographing the Sunshine Pops Orchestra at FAU in Boca Raton. This will be my fourth year taking pictures at the Pops. They put on a marvelous show which my wife Ronni and I truly enjoy.