Wednesday, August 24, 2011

My new Nook




Summer is coming to an end, and I’m looking forward to some cooler weather. About two weeks ago I purchased a Color Nook Reader at Barnes and Noble. I love it and would recommend one for all my friends. Reading is so comfortable with the Nook’s backlit screen. The Color Nook also functions as a Wi Fi internet browser. For that purpose it functions superbly. It’s fun to visit Barnes and Noble and select books to browse. While in the store you can read the full length books for free while you sip your coffee or latte. If I come across an interesting book, I can purchase it and it is downloaded instantaneously. With ear phones I enjoy Pandora Radio. It gives me just the music I like.

Since purchasing my nook I’ve read two books, The Longest War by Peter Bergen, and I Am John Galt by Donald Luskin and Andrew Greta. Bergen’s book documents Osama Bin Laden and al-Qaeda back to the 1970s. It is very well written, but I believe it seems to justify our government’s intervention in the Middle East, and all of its untoward consequences. My latest reading is I Am John Galt. If you are a fan of Ayn Rand then you’ll love this book. It’s a wonderful way to understand her philosophy and substitute modern day persons for her book's characters.

I like non-fiction, especially history, political economics, with a few biographies, and animal books. Drop me an e-mail if you have any reading suggestions.