Wednesday, January 05, 2011

Patrice Devillard
















It has been a while since I posted anything to my blog. You may have wondered what I've been up to. Well, for the last six weeks, I have been working with Patrice Devillard, a new friend, fabulous artist, and restorer of antiques and art work. Patrice is French born, he has been living in the U.S. for about 40 years.

Patrice shared some of his talents in helping me to create my first painting. Patrice's style is unique. Everyone that I have met, who has had the opportunity to see his works, is very impressed. So was I, and that is why I asked Patrice if I could spend time observing him work. Instead he offered me the opportunity to paint along with him.

I also purchased a 40" x 50" picture that Patrice painted in 1997 entitled the "Cheaters" I truly believe it is his most beautiful creation. The picture, of three women playing cards and attempting to cheat one another, is painted with acrylics and a gold leaf background. The women's dresses are inlaid with fabric and pearls. Antique playing cards are embedded into the painting.
My painting "Two Faces" is an acrylic abstract with a gold leaf background and epoxy coating. Also shown are a few more of Patrice's works. I hope everyone has a happy new year.